The classic dark comedy, memorably filmed by Frank Capra (1944) and starring Cary Grant, is set in a house full of charming lunatics and homicidal maniacs in Brooklyn.
Drama critic Mortimer Brewster’s engagement announcement is upended when he discovers a corpse in his elderly aunts’ window seat. Mortimer rushes to tell Abby and Martha before they stumble upon the body themselves, only to learn that the two old women aren’t just aware of the dead man in their parlor, they killed him!
Between his aunts’ penchant for poisoning wine, a brother who thinks he’s Teddy Roosevelt, and another brother using plastic surgery to hide from the police—not to mention Mortimer’s own hesitancy about marriage—it’ll be a miracle if Mortimer makes it to his wedding. Arsenic and Old Lace is a classic dark comedy about the only thing more deadly than poison: family.
- Abby Brewster … Ruth Flynn
- Rev. Dr. Harper … Dan Scott
- Teddy Brewster … Jared Lenover
- Officer Brophy … Brad Forbes
- Officer Klein … Brydon Gauthier
- Martha Brewster … Jessica Thomas-Troian
- Elaine Harper … Christine Marchetti
- Mortimer Brewster … Brian Melanson
- Mr Gibbs … Jason Swenor
- Jonathan Brewster … Tim Hevesi
- Dr Einstein … Bruce Edwards
- Officer O’Hara … George Thomas
- Lt. Rooney … Steve O’Brien
- Mr Witherspoon … Bryan Fotheringham
ARSENIC AND OLD LACE is presented by special arrangement with Broadway Licensing, LLC, servicing the Dramatists Play Service collection.