“I like a good story well told. That’s the reason I’m sometimes forced to tell them myself.” — Mark Twain, American writer and wit
CALL FOR STORYTELLERS
Dundas Little Theatre is looking for story tellers to help warm us up until Spring by sharing in our Winter Tales Program for 2021. We are looking for people to fill the following slots. Each topic has 6 to 12 spots available. Program is shared via Zoom with audience.
1) The story is unpublished, original, and inspired by our topic. For instance, a Love Story need not be a traditional partnership story, but any story inspired by our topic.
2) The story lasts no longer than 7 minutes.
3) You can have props if you like. You can have music if you like. But any production values are the responsibility of the storyteller.
4) Once you have told your story, you submit it to our administration for use in our newsletter and on our web page. We can edit at your request if you feel the document needs editing or you can have someone else scan it before submitting.
5) We ask that no stories engage in hate speech of any kind.
6) Inclusivity and Diversity are encouraged. We want to hear every voice.
February 13/14 Love Stories – Of all shapes and sizes
THREE SPOTS LEFT February 6 deadline for submissions
March 13/14 Talent Show – Share your hidden talent
FOUR SPOTS LEFT March 6 deadline for submissions
April 17/18 Rebirth, or regeneration stories
FOUR SPOTS LEFT April 11 deadline for submissions
To register for a spot in the program, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Positions are first come first serve.
You will do one run of the story prior to the evening you are reading to practice. Someone will contact you with confirmation and dates once you apply.
I look forward to hearing your story.